Friday, December 20, 2013

Mostly home made Christmas

Today I spent the morning trying to finish Jones' Christmas gifts. We are making most of our gifts this year. I have done pretty well and been on top of it, getting things done on time and feeling really happy about them all. Today however for some reason or another I am having a hard time juggling it all. I want to go into my office and work on Christmas and come out when I am ready to. Not because somebody has pooped, or because they are fighting or because they are hungry again, or getting into the fridge. I also DONT want them to come in and see their gifts, mess with my sewing machine, get paint on them or steal the chocolates that a friend brought over this morning!!!

There I said it :)  It's not all rainbows and butterflies all the time. Sometimes I get frustrated. Sometimes I threaten if they come in one more time I will throw away all their presents.
Sometimes I have to breathe count to ten, imagine I am punching someone in the face, before I can decide I need to take a break, maybe make some cookies with the kids and remember why I am putting in the effort in the first place.

Or take the rest of the chocolates and go take a long hot bath. That could work too.

1 comment:

merelyLooking said...

I love when you talk real :)