Tuesday, August 30, 2011

We will meet again

My Grandma died last night.
I feel only the faintest bit of sadness, probably because I know she is with Grandpa, wrapped in his arms, which is pretty much where she has wanted to be since he left.
I feel a sadness for my Mom though, it will be a while before she sees her mother again and I know that would make me sad.
Grandma was always soft, quiet, a behind the scenes kind of person, so I am used to feeling rather than seeing her presence in my life. It is a happy sunny glow that I will keep with me even though she is gone.
When I feel hot wind blow past me I will think of her, and her home in the desert, and all the time I spent there warm and safe.
Every time I dip my graham crackers in milk or eat fruit leather, I will think of you Grandma. I love you and am so thankful for the gift of your unconditional love. You have set a high standard for me and I hope that I can live up to it. You will be missed.
Say Hi to Grandpa and give him a big kiss for me.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks Crys, beautifully said.

The Little Things said...

What a sweet tribute to your Grandma.

Carrie said...

Love this. Love that picture of Grandma - just so HER.