Friday, January 18, 2013

Date night



Tonight is date night, we have a babysitter ready to go and I am as excited as I always am for date nights. This will be our second date in almost 5 months, which is far too few for me :) We spend a lot of time as a family having family dates and I find them fun and wonderful, but nothing keeps your love alive like a dedication to one on one time with your lover. We will most likely do the same thing we always do, which is go to a movie, we might talk our babysitter into making it a consistent thing like every 2nd and 4th Friday, and that might seem unromantic to some, doing the same thing, on the same night every month, where is the spontaneity?! Well whether or not it seems romantic, for one or two nights a month, I get dressed up just for him. I get to hang out with my best friend without anything else pulling at my attention and it is awesome. We are plenty spontaneous and unpredictable in other ways but in this we are certain, we love each other and want to go out together, period. I love that we have made this commitment to each other to go on date nights, no matter the cost, or limited time we have. With Everest soon on the way I am going to get as much of this as I can :)
Viva la date night!

No comments: