Monday, January 28, 2013

Nesting

I am starting to feel that nesting urge. Baby Everest will be here in just a couple months and I am craving him more and more each day. Almost time to unpack the little clothes, burp cloths and blankies. Bring out the boppy and carseat. Tonight I am going to tour the Birthing Center I would like to deliver at, hopefully it feels right. After giving birth at home last time, I feel like most places won't compare but I am willing to give it a shot. I have been having a lot of Braxton Hicks which is completely normal for me (and extremely uncomfortable) they interrupt my otherwise relaxing and routine life.
Probably because of the Braxton hicks, I dream a lot about baby. The smell and feel of newborn hair. The tiny-ness.
sigh :)
Yesterday at church we had a lesson on the talk give by one of the apostles at Conference about "Protecting the Children" It was a very blunt talk about the choices we make when it comes to the children in our lives. The right and wrong ways of providing for them and so on. In the talk he mentioned children who suffer the worst kinds of abuse and torture at the hands adults, as well as children who suffer neglect and/or aren't offered the basic spiritual and emotional needs often because of the selfish desires of their parents. As I sat in my meeting I felt a spiritual confirmation that our choice to have children, and bring them into a home where they would be loved and looked after was a calling given to us by God. That despite our flaws and short comings we have made a promise to him to do our best to take care of his children that he loves sooo much. I believe that with all my heart. Heavenly Father loves his children.
I feel inspired to be a better mother, but also to remember that we are all God's children and reach out and love those I come in contact with. I have been so blessed in my life to know that He loves me, and not everyone has.
Nesting for me, will be more than simply preparing for the physical needs of our new sweet baby, it will be fortifying our home with our Testimony of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, that he has a plan for us, that we have bold purpose.
I know that Everest, like all my children will have his own mission here on earth, and I promise as his mother to do all I can to help him fulfill it. 

1 comment:

Three Lads and a Lis said...

Beautifully put Crystal. Thank you for sharing your insights.