Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Healthy

After I gave birth to C I thought I had confidence in my ability to be a mother, but I wasn't prepared for the lack of sleep combined with being a parental unit with Jones, trying to figure out how to work together, while broke. I didn't realize until C was turning 2 just how unhealthy that first year was for me. I was depressed and I didn't know what I needed to pull myself out of that place.
Here I am 6 yrs later and I look at the months I have ahead of me adapting to this new person in our life. Lack of sleep, an out of shape body and generally falling short in most of my roles is something that I am going to have to face. The key for me is trying to stay in a healthy place. I have to keep myself from trying to be "perfect" and not push myself too hard. On the other end of the spectrum, I can't allow myself too many days of tv watching pajama wearing laziness but encourage myself to get dressed, go outside and take steps towards that person I want to be. It's a balancing act for sure. Currently I eat chocolate everyday. I have been thinking about it and know I would like to cut back, we'll take that slowly :)

No comments: