Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Spoiled on Monday

The wedding is in 5 days and it is starting to be crunch time. I knew this would be the case and so I planned my time as best I could so that when Jones got back we would have some free time to just be together. He got home on saturday and we had a nice date together seeing Star Trek at the theater (awesome) and then dinner with Mateo and Christoff on sunday.
My parents air conditioning is broken and so is theirs so it was a very warm dinner, no wait hot hot dinner, and by the time I got home I felt like I could pass out from the heat. It was only Sunday and I knew I had a long week of ribbons, lemons and flowers ahead of me, how all this was going to be accomplished in the heat I had no clue. I couldn't even sleep.
I woke up Monday, later than I usually do because Jones had gotten up to take care of C bug, and then got breakfast in bed. It was the first time I ate anything but cereal for breakfast in a long time. As we were mapping out our week, Jones put getting a little window air conditioner at the top of the list. I had errands and appointments to go to, and got back exhausted, barely in time for dinner, and as I walked into our room I felt freezing cold air and saw curtains hanging from the windows, freshly vaccumed floors and clothes put away. C's room was also very tidy.
Jones had spent all day working on it, I am not sure what I did to deserve it but it was wonderful. As I went to bed monday night I thanked God for bringing Jones back to me and simple pleasures like bacon and air conditioning.

No comments: