Thursday, May 21, 2009

Through Heaven's Eyes


Yesterday I was able to go to the temple with my littlest sister for the first time. Partly because it had been a while since I had been there myself, and partly because it was her first time it was a more emotional experience than usual. I was humbled by it all really. I am amazed at how quickly the human mind forgets things.


When I was a kid and we would get ants in the summer I would always complain "why do ants even exist?!" When I get bit by mosquitoes and swell up I curse their very existence. I recently have become a very good complainer about the heat, and various other uncomfortable aspects of life that come from pregnancy and being poor.


When I was at the temple I realized something though. Not that I have never thought this before but perhaps not as strong. I am a sinner. I sin, and instead of being struck down every time, I am allowed to sin and take my time and repent and learn from it. If ants and other unpleasant things are what I have to suffer, it seems I am getting the easy way out. I know that Christ suffered for me and because of me at Gethsemane. I know I am not perfect. Yet, he loves me and his grace is sufficient that if I can suffer through these trials I will have everything that I love most in this world with me forever. Jones and C and my little Toby who kicked inside me the whole time we were there.

It is far too easy for me to lose sight of all that. I am going to make a commitment to go to the temple more often so that my focus doesn't get lost on the things of this world. Because when I look at my life through Heaven's eyes it truly is wonderful.

1 comment:

ericaaa. said...

this is great:)
i had a really bad day yesterday, acting selfishly, and sinning against my mom, and this helps to remind me that Heavenly Fathers didnt send his Son to die for me, just for me to take it for granted...
thanks!
and im so excited for the wedding tomorrow!:)