Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sweet blessings.


From the moment I wake up Til I {kind of} go to bed at night, my day is completely packed. My schedule goes as follows: Watch the B kids til 1 ish then I come home pick up the house quickly and put the Tobster down for a nap and hit school, til the baby wakes up and its dinner and chaos til bed time. Most days I go to bed wishing I wasn't quite so tired so that I could clean more, or simply do more. Today I had more on my plate because I had a meeting at 2pm and a church activity at 6:30. It could have been an insane day but instead I found that hour by hour the day was stretched out in simple and wonderful moments. I felt like time didn't matter. I managed to spend time with my kids, I finished  twice as much school work as I had hoped and enjoyed a free meal, in the dark outside in the rain :) but it was fantastic. After singing my babies to sleep, I sat down on the couch and felt happy and very aware of all the many blessings in my life.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks for the great reminder to appreciate the little things!

The Starter House said...

yay yay yay. blessings. i want to see your haircut. uhm now.