Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Long time no see

Oh Hello Blog.
Long time no see, thats because we have all been sick with the Stomach flu over here. 
It has been awful, but finally we seem to have made it through.
So I am back. Sort of.
I feel good today, but I am still resting since being sick took quite a toll on my body. 
The house is crazy, the kids are crazier.
So of course when I had a free moment I decided not to clean or sleep, but paint a picture of my niece of course!
{i know I am nuts}
Biscuit turns one next week and I thought a portrait would be a lovely way to celebrate.

I am a little self conscious about it. 
not quite sure why but it is probably because I come from a family of some pretty amazing painters and I don't usually paint like this.





I keep thinking 'I should add a little something here, or change this and that...'
but I probably shouldn't I should just let it be.
She is such a beautiful baby girl and I love her.

now to rock this crying baby to sleep so I can stop Tober from destroying everything, and then watch more TV on Netflix. Hopefully it won't be another week til my next post. :)

4 comments:

MelancholySmile said...

What a great gift! You're so talented.

Carrie said...

Leave the painting just as it is. it's beautiful! I had no idea you could paint like that...

Amber said...

I love the painting, and I agree with carrie, leave as is :-)

Three Lads and a Lis said...

I think it's beautiful, and I agree - leave it be :).