Thursday, December 15, 2011

"please have snow and mistletoe..."

"and presents on the tree."

On Tuesday my neighbor came knocking on the door. She said that a friend of hers was giving away a bunch of toys and wanted to know if I wanted to go with her to check it out. I wanted to but I was watching these two little boys {hoping the money I was making might be saved for gifts, if it wasn't needed for bills} She left and came back 2 hours later with bags of toys for each of my 3 kids. She was very thoughtful in her picking of the toys and it was so sweet of her! 

I was so excited and relieved to know I didn't have to worry about the kids this Christmas, so I could focus on Jones. I have struggled to think of a gift I can give him made from what we already have.
Then one day when coming home from a very busy day of errands I found a secret santa had left a lovely note and  a way for me to give my sweet husband a gift. 
The only concern I had left were diapers,
And when I stopped by my cousin's house they told me there youngest was growing out her diapers and sent me home with a full package.

Gifts come in all shapes and sizes, this year ours have come wrapped in the arms of those who love us and follow the example of Christ.

No comments: