Saturday, January 29, 2011

A strong Woman


Yesterday We got the news that Jones is heading overseas on deployment with the National Guard. He will leave in a few weeks and be gone for approximately 8 months, which is short for typical deployments. We are   excited and as prepared and we could ever be to get this kind of news and still it hits ya like a ton of bricks.

I know that I can be a strong Woman. I am capable. I have faith. I have support. I can do this...
And then one look at C and Tober and I fall apart.

I love Jones. No one no matter how supportive and awesome they are when He is gone ever takes his place.
I am going to miss him. 

But I can do this, and will. I will be stronger when we are through it. 

2011 certainly has been an eventful year so far, a lot of surprises and changes, should make for... interesting posts.

1 comment:

MelancholySmile said...

You ARE strong. I think loving and missing Jones is part of that. That makes you courageous instead of heartless. I know that no one can ever be a replacement, but let me know how best to be a long-distance support!