Friday, April 23, 2010

Wisdom at Archibald Sisters

“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” ~ Reinhold Niebuhr

I saw this quote while passing through Archibald Sisters {a fabulous shop in Downtown Olympia}and I thought that it sounded a lot like my prayers I say everyday. I tend to want to control everything in my life, or at least I used to. I am getting better at going with the flow of my life. It helps having 2 kids they force you to go slower sometimes. I used to never start a project I couldn't finish that day and now I go from crafts, to kids, to cleaning, to phone calls with family, back to crafts, to cooking, to kids, to husband and back to crafts and often end my day with as much to do tommorow as I started with. I am thankful to be getting older and learning more about myself and my ability to grow and become a strong Mother, Wife and Woman. The kind of person I always wanted to be, and for the blessing of having people who love and support me even if I am not there yet.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Great quote! Thanks for sharing. To answer your question, I think my girls (but really me) would like flowery hair clips. Not too too massive because it'd be fun if Lily could wear them on her hand bands too. As far as colors go, I'll leave that up to you. Whatever! I'm just excited to see what you come up with.

merelyLooking said...

You're doing awesome at all the juggling - just like Michelle Pfeiffer on One Fine Day :) and what's best is you know Who to rely on.

Disney said...

My best friend and I used to go to Archibald Sisters when we were teenagers! I can still smell the lotion I used to get there.....although I can't remember what it's called. :o)