Wednesday, April 6, 2011

the most exhausting day ( a cell phone post)

I just got home from the hospital where I had to leave my 19 month baby girl because she is being treated for Kawasaki disease. She is going to be fine and because we caught it early she could recover quickly. Jones and I spent all day with her as she went through the painfully long process of being admiTted, listening to her scram every time someone came in the room because she knew tey were going to poke and prod her. After a full day of this I had to walk out and leave her because I am 9 months pregnant and at risk of preterm labor, so I have to go home while jones stays with her, and even though it is hard I know I desperatly need my sleep, because I have to have the energy to put on my brave face again tomorrow.

more to say, hopefully I will get the chance to say it before I forget the whole experience in a haze of emotional exhaustion.

6 comments:

In the life of Nikki and Gary said...

Oh my gosh Crystal! We will pray for her speedy recovering and healing. I actually really know someone who had Kawasaki disease when he was little. Crazy. She is in good hands and will be cared for. Rest and don't let that baby out before he's ready!

Traci said...

Crystal, you and Tober and in our prayers. I'm so sorry to hear that she is so sick. Please let me know if you need anything...at least until I go into labor. :)

MelancholySmile said...

We're praying for you and Tober! Get lots of rest, and hopefully all will seem brighter in the morning.

Carrie said...

Praying for your family! I can't even imagine having to leave such a little one in the hospital. I hope life gets back to normal soon. Love to you all.

Linda said...

My son had Kawaski disease at age 8 months. He is now 9 years old and you would never know that he had anything wrong with him. Yes, it is a good thing to catch early and it is so hard to diagnose. She will bounce back soon!!

Three Lads and a Lis said...

Crystal, my heart goes out to all of you. Nigel got RSV pretty badly (I know nothing compared to what you all are dealing with) but it was still so hard to see my baby lying in a hospital bed/crib and so sad and miserable and not understanding why.

What a blessing that it was caught so early, Tober will be in our prayers.

And I hope that little guy cooks for a while longer. ((hugs))