Saturday, March 13, 2010

"I have confidence in Sunshine...

I have confidence in rain."

Confidence. It's an interesting thing. Today I was suppose to take pictures with HaHansen of the looks I have created and instead I am sitting at home on the couch feeling rather broken down. It may seem silly but it is impossible for me to seperate myself from the things I love, and I love to sew, I love the things I make and I am terrified of putting them out there for the world to see. Afraid of being rejected. I am a coward. I spent all morning excited, building myself up, getting ready for a photo shoot. I felt like an athlete preparing for a big game only to have personal problems postpone the shoot and leave me unable to perform. Now I just feel deflated.

why is it so hard to believe in myself and for that to be enough?

2 comments:

The Starter House said...

no worries, girl! there will be better days! sometimes we forget that we are only human... and are subject to emotion and things that are simply unavoidable. it'll pass! just enjoy the things you've made for a little while, before they're put up to scrutiny. and don't worry...they will be loved and admired by many. of this i am sure.

merelyLooking said...

I ditto Spyglass, sweetie. You have a gift, and I wouldn't say that if it weren't true, just ask Jones :)

Try to just do. I once was terrified to leave my four block world and now that seems like a long, long time ago. You shall overcome, and be wiser for it.