Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Picnic Dress!

Did you love the Picnic blouse? I did, so much in fact that I made another one except I did a few things different.

I love my blouse but I find it is a little tight unde my arms, simple fix, make the arm hole longer as shown above, also at the bottom of the pattern I just kept going flaring out a little{not on the side on the fold, that side obviously stays straight.}
It is sooo simple, too simple so I added some Ruffles! You could aslo add a fun brooch or belt, the possibilities are endless.
This is my 1900-1910 look for the sewing through the decades challenge Lemon squeezy is doing. SInce I wasn't very familiar with that time period I used the inspiration she gave us.
And on a side note, I would like to add that I had the idea in my head before searching Shabby apple and Anthro, they were just visual quidance while I made mine. So although my designs are unoriginal I still like to feel that they are mine.

Ok now that my house looks like a tornado blew through it, I hope you enjoy!

No comments: