Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tuesday Date Night, Wednesday Crafts




Last night The P.I.L {parents in law, I am no longer going to type the full words} watched our little bugs for us so Jones took me to see Iron Man 2. On the way we picked up a pizza {hawaiian of course} and ate it in the car with our 2 liter of orange soda still in the back from our bbq on saturday. I laughed at myself as I chugged it down, thinking it felt pretty gross drinking orange soda, but what else are you supposed to drink with pizza? The movie was fun, I didn't have high expectations, just looking to enjoy a night out with my Jones. We held hands as we entered and exited the movie, and it made me think if other married couples still hold hands like that. Looking at our reflection I thought we looked like kids, but I didn't care.

Today Pipsta and her boys came over as we officially started a Wed. craft day for our toddlers. This will be the beginning of our homeshooling experience I am sure. On the menu for today were lots and lots of Butterflies for the boys to cut out, glue, color and catch. It was fun, and interesting, both of us Mom's were tired and a little boring to our kids :) I like seeing the two of them play and interact with each other.
As the crafting started to wind down I got some much needed talking time with Pipsta, there was a little bit of crying, the kind that feels good. I had been tip toeing around insecurities and shortcomings I had been feeling lately. It is nice to get them out there in the open were they can be resolved and worked upon.

I think it is funny and really healthy for me to be around people who make me feel insecure {cause they are all amzingly capable human beings} and yet have these same people be the ones who encourage and up lift me. Instead of pushing them away, I stick around long enough to find out they still like me, even with my short comings.

P.S. Check out this video my brother in law J made, making robots will be one of our craft wednesday activities.

Robot Parade from Jared Foster on Vimeo.

Also if you can handle the cuteness check out this video about going to bed.

Bed, Bed, Bed, - They Might Be Giants from Jared Foster on Vimeo.

I want a video like this of my kids please! J you are a-smazing.

No comments: